The Kushinga Phikelela Polytechnic Library is located on the East wing of the main campus building. The tertiary library is maned by three staff members consisting of one librarian and two library assistants. Students who seek to be attached to the polytechnic are welcome to apply.
To be a leading Polytechnic library that continuously redefines Innovation and Learning
To serve the needs of patrons and the local community that who seek knowledge at the Citadel
MEMBERSHIP & REGISTRATION
- A staff members gains membership after orientation and filling in a membership form
- A registered students may only be members after orientation and filling a membership form
- Members of the public or the KushPhik community may apply for membership through the office of the Principal and then pay for an annual subscription.
- Monday to Friday 0900hrs to 1630hrs
The opening time maybe extended on certain days during the term. For example, the normal closing time is 1630 hrs. The extended time will be as follows;
- Monday to Friday 1830hrs to 2100hrs
- Saturday 0800hrs to 12:00noon
Notices will be displayed giving detail(s) of the current opening hours
1. THE BOOK CLUB
The book club is made up of three distinct clubs that operate as one under the Library Department. These clubs include;
- The debate
- Public Speaking and
- Writers Club
2. RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
The library supports Research and Development and may facilitate or support a R&D club with a Lecturer serving as its patron.
“Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body”– Joseph Addison